OLD FITZGERALD BOTTLED-IN-BOND 10-YEAR BOURBON
We’re proud to announce the spring 2023 edition of Old Fitzgerald Bottled-in-Bond Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Past editions have ranged in age from an 8-year-old release in the spring of 2021, up to a 19-year-old release in fall 2022.
Bottled in an ornate decanter, the spring 2023 edition features the green label that is consistent across all spring releases. And as was the case for the past editions, this edition’s tax strip, which has always been a signature of transparency on Bottled-in-Bond products, discloses when the liquid was produced and bottled. It also meets the strict requirements of a Bottled-in-Bond:
- The product of a single distillery from a single distilling season.
- Aged a minimum of four years.
- Bottled at 100 proof or 50% alcohol by volume.
10-Year-Old Tasting Notes
- Color: Bright burnished copper
- Nose: Brown sugar and molasses; light baking spices with orange peel
- Palate: Very soft and gentle on the palate; notes of butterscotch and subtle oak with baking spices, particularly cloves
- Finish: Long and warm with some tannins and a peppery tingle; finally, a hint of barrel char at the very end
- Size: .750L
Out of stock
Each spring and fall, a new edition to the Old Fitzgerald Bottled-in-Bond series is released. Inspired by an original 1950’s Old Fitzgerald diamond decanter, the packaging and series honor both the history of the Old Fitzgerald brand and the historic Bottled-in-Bond designation. The Old Fitzgerald line is well-known for its distilling pedigree, as the brand was first registered in 1884 and was eventually sold to “Pappy” Van Winkle during Prohibition. In 1999, Heaven Hill bought the brand and began distilling it at Bernheim Distillery in Louisville, KY. Today, in addition to our Old Fitzgerald Decanter Series, the legacy of Old Fitzgerald lives on in our other wheated Bourbons expressions: Larceny Small Batch and Larceny Barrel Proof.
Proof: 100 Proof
Age: Varies by Release