TENUTA DELLE TERRE NERE ETNA ROSSO
The Terre Nere vineyards are located at extremely high altitudes – 2100′ to 2900′ above sea level. The hot sun, cool breeze and cold nights make Terre Nere wines extraordinarily fine and elegant. A brilliant cohesion of craft, skill and deliciousness!
Blend: 95% Nerello Mascalese, 5% Nerello Cappuccio
- Size: .750L
Out of stock
“One of the most consistent and affordable reds coming out of Italy.”–Eric Guido, Vinous
- 95% Nerello mascalese, 5% Nerello cappuccio
- Volcanic soil
- Northern slope of Mount Etna, from 600 up to 900 meters a.s.l.
- 5 to 50-year-old vines
- Temperature controlled fermentation (25-28° C) with spontaneous malolactic fermentation
- Aged in large French oak barrels (10-30 hl) for 16 months of wood aging, plus one month in steel
- Bottled unfiltered
- Annual production on average 11,000 cases